Companies and groups
- Asset acquisitions
- Equity capital markets
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Share acquisitions
Disputes and anti-avoidance
Energy and environment
- Asset finance
- Cross-border: finance
- Debt capital markets
- Islamic finance
- Lending: general
- Structured finance & derivatives
IP and IT
Partnerships and OMBs
Reorganisations and distributions
- Dividends and distributions
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Buybacks and other returns of value
Restructuring and insolvency
Stamp duty and SDRT
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Negotiating guides
- Tax covenants and tax warranties
- Tax rates and limits
- Useful websites
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Is a non-resident company entitled to claim capital allowances on plant and machinery on becoming UK resident?
- Can a buyer of an investment property obtain capital allowances on fixtures installed by a tenant that has surrendered its lease?
- Will private fund limited partnerships be treated the same for tax purposes as limited partnerships under the BVCA/HMRC memorandum of understanding in relation to carried interest?
- On a tax neutral transfer of assets between two UK group companies, does the capital allowance pool for the transferor automatically transfer to the transferee?
- Is SDLT due on a declaration of trust of mortgaged properties? Does the supplemental 3% SDLT charge apply and is multiple dwellings relief available?
- Summary of responses on consultation on venture capital schemes published
- Corporation tax on restitution interest rules amended by regulations
- Shadow ACT amendment regulations made
- Finance Bill 2017 (as introduced): interest deductibility restriction revisions
- House of Commons Library publishes briefing paper on Brexit: trade aspects
Practical Law’s team of experts have just published their summary of the 2017 Budget Statement analysing its key announcements and implications.