Landlord and tenant
- Breach of lease covenants
- Break notices
- Business tenancies (contentious)
- Rent, non-payment of rent and rent review
- Service charges
Residential landlord and tenant
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Can the parties agree compensation where the Party Wall Act 1996 has not been complied with?
- What happens if the works do not comply with the party wall award?
- What happens if the adjoining owner's costs exceed the amount awarded under the party wall award?
- Do party wall surveyors have jurisdiction to issue addendum awards?
- Can the adjoining owner claim compensation and has it consented to the works in the party wall notice?
Key court forms for Property litigation
A link to the online Civil Procedure Rules
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
- New step-by-step guides: exercising a break clause
- House of Commons Library publishes briefing paper on Brexit: trade aspects
- Practical Law In-house: new content
- Supreme Court decision on the SAAMCO principle and the liability of professional advisers
- Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims comes into force on 1 October 2017
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.