- Practice notes
- Standard documents, standard clauses and drafting notes
- Toolkits and case studies
About this practice area
- About this practice area
- Meet the team
- New content
- Provisional publishing schedule
- Consultation board
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- When is a certificate of service required in a judicial review and where is the rule change relating to the number of bundles to be provided where the Divisional Court hears a judicial review?
- Variation of a secure tenancy under the Housing Act 1985: is there a minimum period of consultation required and is a local authority obliged to reconsult on any variation to the agreement that is made following consultation?
- Can a local authority allow entities that are not contracting authorities to purchase off a framework for above threshold light touch services the local authority has set up?
- When two bidders in a light touch public procurement have used a bid writer who has provided identical answers for both bids to certain method statements can the Authority reject both bids for colluding?
- Is a public body required or should they in best practice contractually require a party to provide evidence in relation to the section 41, FOIA exemption so that the authority can take this into account in determining whether or not the exemption applies?
Most read: Practice notes
Most read: Standard documents.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
Our blog features posts on the latest thinking on various aspects of public sector law from our team and leading commentators.
Recent posts include:
- Article 50 and Brexit in the High Court: the immediate aftermath of Miller and Santos and McCord, and further developments
- Public sector investments and the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- FOIA and commercial interests: a level playing field for local authorities?
Also see our regular digests on education, FOI, housing, local government and public procurement.
- Ask Local Government and Public Law: new featured queries
- Permission in principle granted for land allocated in Part 2 of a brownfield land register
- House of Commons Library publishes briefing paper on Brexit: trade aspects
- Does the definition of "previously developed land" in the NPPF only exclude residential gardens if they are in a built up area? (Court of Appeal)
- Revised Local Public Services Data Handling Guidelines published by NLAWARP
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.