- Company administration and meetings
- Company formation and constitution
- Corporate governance
- Financial and narrative reporting
- Share capital: structure, allotment and transfers
- Shareholder rights and remedies
Equity capital markets
- Acquisitions: auctions
- Asset acquisitions
- Share acquisitions: private
- Public mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity and venture capital
- Reorganisations, schemes and demergers
- Returns of value
- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Companies House forms
- Company secretary
- Legal updates
- Email archive
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2017
- Key dates for corporate lawyers: 2016
- Case tracker
- Financial and narrative reporting: key developments tracker
- Corporate governance: key developments tracker
- Partnerships and LLPs: key developments tracker
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for corporate professionals
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Global Guide
- Public Mergers and Acquisitions Global Guide
- Corporate Governance and Directors' Duties Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- Company administration: if a company's records are kept in electronic form and the database is physically stored at a location other than its registered office, should this location be notified to Companies House as a SAIL?
- Company administration: can a company's statutory books be kept in electronic form?
- Directors: is there any requirement for a director to be resident in the UK?
- Transactions with directors: is a transaction on AIM a transaction on a recognised investment exchange for the purposes of section 194 of the Companies Act 2006?
- Company constitution: does the ultra vires rule still apply to a company formed under the Companies Act 1985?
Search and compare the latest deals and AGMs. How to use What's Market.
Counsel's answers to our recent questions.
Kathryn Cearns’s answers to a selection of accounting questions.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
GC100: the voice of general counsel and company secretaries working in FTSE 100 Companies.
This article summarises the main developments that will affect corporate law practitioners in England and Wales in 2017.
A toolkit highlighting the proposals and progress on the UK corporate governance reforms. The toolkit includes links to key Practical Law resources that cover these reforms.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the Market Abuse Regulation.
A guide to all of Practical Law's resources on the requirements for companies and LLPs to create and maintain a register of people with significant control.
A round up of some of the key highlights and trends in UK public M&A activity over the course of 2016 and some predictions for public M&A in 2017.
- House of Commons Library publishes briefing paper on Brexit: trade aspects
- Technology in financial services: Commission consultation (corporate aspects)
- Practical Law In-house: new content
- FCA v Macris: Supreme Court considers section 393 of FSMA and allows FCA's appeal
- ESMA: Commission consultation on operations (corporate aspects)
Goode offers clear, in depth and succinct answers to issues arising from monetary obligations. It covers a range of familiar challenges you might encounter by rigorous analysis of underlying legal principles and provides you with an array of effective solutions.
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.