A note aimed at those new to competition law.
Practitioner opinion articles on competition law developments and trends.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
Key recent developments
- Practical Law EU Competition: what to expect in 2017
- Practical Law UK Competition: what to expect in 2017
- Government decisions on implementing EU Damages Directive and draft Regulations published
- Commission seeks views on jurisdictional and procedural aspects of EU merger control
- BIS launches consultation on options to refine UK competition law regime
- BIS consults on implementing EU Damages Directive
- Commission seeks views on enhancing the enforcement powers of national competition authorities
- CAT publishes new Guide to Proceedings
- Government response to consultation on review and new CAT Rules of Procedure published
- Consumer Rights Act 2015: private actions in competition law
- Antitrust damages directive published in Official Journal
- Commission White Paper on making EU merger control more effective
- Commission Communication on past and future of antitrust enforcement under Regulation 1/2003
- Commission approves acquisition of Pioneer by Amundi
- Commission approves aid scheme for new air routes to Italian region of Calabria
- Commission conditionally approves merger between Dow and DuPont
- Commission consults on review of SMP Guidelines
- Commission consults on new list of proposed energy Projects of Common Interest
- The Water Act 2014 (Commencement No. 9 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2017 published
- CAT refuses ICE permission to appeal and rules on costs of ICE/ Trayport merger appeals
- CMA publishes full infringement decision on conduct in the modelling sector
- Ofcom to impose record fine on BT for reducing compensation for late installation of high-speed business lines
- ORR publishes legal notice to initiate 2018 periodic review
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.