- Practice notes
- Standard documents and drafting notes
- Standard clauses and drafting notes
- Useful legislation, guidance and websites
- PLC Magazine
- Books online for commercial law professionals
- Doing Business in... Global Guide
- Outsourcing Global Guide
About this practice area
Ask questions, browse answers and share your knowledge. Read our scope and rules.
- What is the termination position when the parties continue to perform after the expiry of a fixed-term contract?
- If a contract contains a daily rate and the supplier only performs the activity for one hour, will a party be liable only to pay 1/24th of a day?
- Can a trader decide to discontinue services to consumers and terminate if the contract is silent on the right to terminate?
- If a party makes a payment to another party by mistake, can it bring a claim in restitution?
- What is the legal status of digital signatures on legal documents such as formal notices or licenses, registration forms or applications?
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on basic English contract law principles.
A note aimed at those new to commercial law.
An article considering some potential implications of Brexit for commercial and contract law.
A toolkit to guide users through our key materials on consumer law.
Access your favourite English law, Scots law and tax titles from publisher Bloomsbury Professional.
- House of Commons Library publishes briefing paper on Brexit: trade aspects
- Practical Law In-house: new content
- House of Lords committee report on Brexit and non-financial services
- Supreme Court decision on the SAAMCO principle and the liability of professional advisers
- Institute for Government publishes report on Legislating Brexit: The Great Repeal Bill and the wider legislative challenge
We will soon be launching the new Practical Law UK, bringing a more streamlined look and feel, an improved search capability and many new features. Stay tuned for more information.